Well, here we go again.
My feeling is that a lot of the questions posed tonight will be focused on what is happening right now in the Congress with all of these impeachment hearings.
I also expect to see people trying to rattle Elizabeth Warren on her health care for all policy, somoe focus on Pete Buttigieg in response to his rising poll numbers, and for some folks to ask Joe Biden how in the hell he still considers pot a “gateway drug?”
Here is the lineup for tonight:
- Former Vice President Joe Biden
- New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker
- South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg
- Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard
- California Sen. Kamala Harris
- Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar
- Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders
- Businessman Tom Steyer
- Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren
- Businessman Andrew Yang
Those who are still considered candidates but will not be on the debate stage tonight include:
- Former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro
- Colorado Sen. Michael Bennet
- Montana Gov. Steve Bullock
- Former Maryland Rep. John Delaney
- Author Marianne Williamson
- Former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick
- Former Pennsylvania Rep. Joe Sestak
I am really not sure why these seven people even bother anymore.
As usual I will update this post as new information becomes available.
This is the fifth one of these so I suggest that you drink as it takes to make it seem entertaining.
I know I will.
Update: I love everything about this.
“If you think a woman can’t beat Donald Trump, Nancy Pelosi does it every single day,” Amy Klobuchar says at the #DemDebate.
— TIME (@TIME) November 21, 2019
Klobachur is not my go-to candidate, but she definitely hit this one out of the park.
Update 2: Kamala Harris went in hard on Tulsi Gabbard.
Kamala Harris hit Tulsi Gabbard hard on tonight’s Democratic debate stage. Watch:
— POLITICO (@politico) November 21, 2019
That may be my favorite moment of the debate thus far.
Update 3: Cory Booker takes his shot at Joe Biden.
Booker roasts Biden on Marijuana 🔥
— Eleven Films (@Eleven_Films) November 21, 2019
I have to say that I was not terribly impressed with Uncle Joe tonight.
He made a number of unforced errors that are now gooing to haunt him on the campaign trail.