Courtesy of Axios:

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on ABC’s “This Week” Sunday that there’s “enormous evidence” to support the theory that the coronavirus originated in the Wuhan Institute of Virology, not a nearby market.

The Office of the Director of National Intelligence announced Thursday that it is investigating whether the outbreak was the result of exposure to wild animals or a laboratory accident in Wuhan. Pompeo said he has no reason to doubt the intelligence community’s consensus that the virus was “not manmade or genetically modified.”

President Trump also claimed last week that he has seen evidence that gives him a “high degree of confidence” that the lab was the origin of the virus, but refused to elaborate.

“Martha, there’s enormous evidence that that’s where this began. We have said from the beginning, that this was a virus that originated in Wuhan, China. We took a lot of grief for that from the outset. But I think the whole world can see now. Remember, China has a history of infecting the world, and they have a history of running sub-standard laboratories. These are not the first times that we have had the world exposed to viruses as a result of failures in a Chinese lab.”
— Mike Pompeo

This statement is interesting because after trump made these same accusations the DNI issued a statement saying there was no evidence to suggests that this virus originated in the Wuhan laboratories. 

Look I don’t know what happened exactly, none of us do yet, 

But what I do know is that Trump and his administration are working overtime to scapegoat China over this outbreak and it is starting to feel as if they are making up evidence to fit that agenda.