There goes another Trump voter.
Courtesy of NBC News:
An Arizona man has died after ingesting chloroquine phosphate — believing it would protect him from becoming infected with the coronavirus. The man’s wife also ingested the substance and is under critical care.
The toxic ingredient they consumed was not the medication form of chloroquine, used to treat malaria in humans. Instead, it was an ingredient listed on a parasite treatment for fish.
The man’s wife told NBC News she’d watched televised briefings during which President Trump talked about the potential benefits of chloroquine. Even though no drugs are approved to prevent or treat COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, some early research suggests it may be useful as a therapy.
The name “chloroquine” resonated with the man’s wife, who asked that her name not be used to protect the family’s privacy. She’d used it previously to treat her koi fish.
“I saw it sitting on the back shelf and thought, ‘Hey, isn’t that the stuff they’re talking about on TV?'”
The couple — both in their 60s and potentially at higher risk for complications of the virus — decided to mix a small amount of the substance with a liquid and drink it as a way to prevent the coronavirus.
“We were afraid of getting sick,” she said.
The two immediately got sick and the man died later at the hospital.
You know we have talked a lot about how we probably should not broadcast these Trump Coronavirus press briefings because they are full of bad and potentially dangerous disinformation.
However the cable news outlet that should especially be blocking those briefings is Fox News.
Let’s face it Fox News viewers are the reason that there are instructions on our shampoo bottles saying “Do not drink this.”
The only information they should be receiving is scientifically reviewed information reduced to simplistic language that they might be able to undestand if it is spoon fed to them by a blonde in short skirt or a bullet-headed TV host who blames everything on the liberals.
Let’s face it Trump bullshit in its purest form is toxic and deadly to the ignorant.